Looking for a quality used book? Check out the Friends of Corvallis-Benton Library’s online book sale location at Amazon!
We ship anywhere in the United States as well as internationally. Explore our inventory.
All income benefits the Corvallis-Benton County Public Library.
Where do our books come from?
Books that are donated to the Friends, or are discarded from the library worth more than $7-$12, are taken to our office. Then decisions are made as to whether the book can be sold online.
Not a book buyer at the moment?
You can also help the library by donating quality books to the Friends. Experienced volunteers sort, price, and route special titles and above average quality books for online listing. You might even find recent textbooks, technical books, some first editions, and signed editions in there!
- Postage is paid to us by Amazon for each book sold.
- Most expensive book sold so far was $300, a book about coffee technology.
- 4% of sales revenue from was books in the $6-$6.99 range.
- Median sales price is $12.
- Non-fiction of all categories constitute majority of sales.
- If something doesn’t sell online, you might find it at the February book sale.
- We process over 3,500 books a year.
- Eight volunteers work in the Benton Books office.
- We’re currently rated five stars with customers!
- POSTPONED: Random Review: The Tangled Tree: A Radical New History of Life
- Random Review: Becoming
- Random Review: How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence
- Random Review: Something Wonderful: Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Broadway Revolution
- Random Review: Buzz: The Nature and Necessity of Bees
- Random Review: What the Eyes Don’t See: A Story of Crisis, Resistance and Hope in an American City
- Random Review: The Library Book
The Book Shelf/Room (formerly 50 cent Shelf/Room) is one of our most popular projects. Each branch of the Library has one.
The books you’ll find available on the Book Shelf/Room are duplicates, favorites from past years, of unique interest, or not of the quality for our other sales. But there’s nothing wrong with any of them!
In Corvallis, the Book Shelf is an entire room! It’s located off the main lobby. The books are restocked frequently, often several times a week. Payment is on the honor system and a lock box, located outside the door, is provided for purchases.
- Adult paperbacks and hardbacks: 50 cents.
- Children’s books: 25 cents
- VCR tapes: 50 cents
- Clearance sale items: 10 cents
- Proofs and Advanced Readers: free
In Philomath, books are restocked as needed. It’s located in the lobby and most books are 50 cents.
In Alsea, books are restocked as needed. It’s located in the lobby and prices are the same as the Corvallis Book Room.
In Monroe, there are several shelves located in the library. It is restocked as donations to the library come in.
Do you have books you’d like to donate to our shelves? Check out our Book Donation Guidelines
- Random Review: Pachinko June 12, 2019
- Random Review: Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI May 8, 2019
- Random Review: The Newcomers: Finding Refuge, Friendship, and Hope in an American Classroom April 10, 2019
- Random Review: What She Ate: Six Remarkable Women and the Food That Tells Their Stories March 13, 2019
- Random Review: Sing, Unburied, Sing February 13, 2019
- Random Review: The Overstory January 9, 2019
- Random Review: Nomadland: Surviving America in the Twenty-First Century December 12, 2018
- Random Review: Lost City of the Monkey God: A True Story November 14, 2018
- Random Review: The Art of the Wasted Day October 10, 2018
- Random Review: Sometimes a Great Notion September 12, 2018
- Random Review: When Books Went to War: The Stories that Helped Us Win World War II June 13, 2018
- Random Review: Moonglow: A Novel May 9, 2018
- Random Review: Lab Girl April 11, 2018
- Random Review: The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World March 14, 2018
- Random Review: The Underground Railroad February 14, 2018
- Random Review: Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City January 10, 2018
- Random Review: I Contain Multitudes: The Microbes Within Us and a Grander View of Life December 13, 2017
- Random Review: A Gentleman in Moscow November 8, 2017
- Random Review: American Nations: A History of the Eleven Rival Regional Cultures of North America October 11, 2017
- Random Review: 25th Anniversary Celebration and Readers’ Theater September 13, 2017
Random Review Celebrates 25 Years of Reviews!
Thank you Connie Georgiou and Debra Goldenberg for your leadership!