- Random Review: The Tangled Tree: A Radical New History of Life
- Random Review: Becoming
- Random Review: How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence
- Random Review: Something Wonderful: Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Broadway Revolution
- Random Review: Buzz: The Nature and Necessity of Bees
- Random Review: What the Eyes Don’t See: A Story of Crisis, Resistance and Hope in an American City
- Random Review: The Library Book
The Book Shelf/Room (formerly 50 cent Shelf/Room) is one of our most popular projects. Each branch of the Library has one.
The books you’ll find available on the Book Shelf/Room are duplicates, favorites from past years, of unique interest, or not of the quality for our other sales. But there’s nothing wrong with any of them!
In Corvallis, the Book Shelf is an entire room! It’s located off the main lobby. The books are restocked frequently, often several times a week. Payment is on the honor system and a lock box, located outside the door, is provided for purchases.
- Adult paperbacks and hardbacks: 50 cents.
- Children’s books: 25 cents
- VCR tapes: 50 cents
- Clearance sale items: 10 cents
- Proofs and Advanced Readers: free
In Philomath, books are restocked as needed. It’s located in the lobby and most books are 50 cents.
In Alsea, books are restocked as needed. It’s located in the lobby and prices are the same as the Corvallis Book Room.
In Monroe, there are several shelves located in the library. It is restocked as donations to the library come in.
Do you have books you’d like to donate to our shelves? Check out our Book Donation Guidelines
- Random Review: Pachinko June 12, 2019
- Random Review: Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI May 8, 2019
- Random Review: The Newcomers: Finding Refuge, Friendship, and Hope in an American Classroom April 10, 2019
- Random Review: What She Ate: Six Remarkable Women and the Food That Tells Their Stories March 13, 2019
- Random Review: Sing, Unburied, Sing February 13, 2019
- Random Review: The Overstory January 9, 2019
- Random Review: Nomadland: Surviving America in the Twenty-First Century December 12, 2018
- Random Review: Lost City of the Monkey God: A True Story November 14, 2018
- Random Review: The Art of the Wasted Day October 10, 2018
- Random Review: Sometimes a Great Notion September 12, 2018
- Random Review: When Books Went to War: The Stories that Helped Us Win World War II June 13, 2018
- Random Review: Moonglow: A Novel May 9, 2018
- Random Review: Lab Girl April 11, 2018
- Random Review: The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World March 14, 2018
- Random Review: The Underground Railroad February 14, 2018
- Random Review: Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City January 10, 2018
- Random Review: I Contain Multitudes: The Microbes Within Us and a Grander View of Life December 13, 2017
- Random Review: A Gentleman in Moscow November 8, 2017
- Random Review: American Nations: A History of the Eleven Rival Regional Cultures of North America October 11, 2017
- Random Review: 25th Anniversary Celebration and Readers’ Theater September 13, 2017
Random Review Celebrates 25 Years of Reviews!
Thank you Connie Georgiou and Debra Goldenberg for your leadership!