- Love your library?
- Want to share your skills and enthusiasm?
- Have creative ideas?
- Work well with groups?
Then we invite you to apply to join the Board of the Friends of the Corvallis-Benton County Public Library!
Who are we? We
- Are fifteen board members who advocate for the library.
- Believe that great libraries grow great communities.
- Work year-round to raise funds for the library through book sales, membership, and special events.
- Are a collegial group that enjoys working together for the libraries we love.
What do we do? We
- Advocate for public library services, facilities, and needs.
- Provide financial support above and beyond what is included in the library’s annual budget.
- Support the use of the library facilities as a resource center for the community.
Please complete the application and send it to
Friends of the Corvallis-Benton County Public Library
645 NW Monroe Ave
Corvallis, OR 97330
Or email it to us at: friends.thebestlibrary[at]gmail.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
The mission of Friends is to maintain an association of persons interested in the Corvallis-Benton County Public Library; to focus public attention on and to advocate for public library services, facilities and needs; to strengthen and expand library services, to provide financial support above and beyond what is included in the library’s annual budget; and to support the use of the library facilities as a resource center for the community.
Effective Saturday, March 14, the Corvallis-Benton County Library will close its Main Library and branch libraries in Alsea, Monroe, and Philomath through the end of March. All library programs and outreach events have been canceled as well, and Bookmobile stops are temporarily suspended during this time.
There will be no fines charged to library accounts during this time, and we encourage you to simply keep items that you have checked out until we reopen. We will share more information as we have it!
Find the full statement from the City of Corvallis here.—Corvallis-Benton County Public Library
Just because our library is temporarily closed it doesn’t mean we can’t still support it!
They have a fantastic selection of digital offerings your can check out with just your library card and all for free. Check it out (pun intended):
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, and eMagazines at https://cbcpubliclibrary.net/collections/download/
- Streaming video of all sorts for all ages at https://cbcpubliclibrary.kanopy.com/
Take a turn around our online shop and adopt a new friend, or several. Just like all our books sales, all proceeds go directly to supporting our library!
The Alsea Community Library has a gorgeous new sign thanks to Rolfe Hagen of the Farmer’s Kitchen/Thyme Garden, who created it. It’s visible from Hwy 34 and is two-sided so drivers can see it from both directions!
Alsea Community Effort would like to thank all those involved with getting our old sign replaced with this new artistic sign: Friends of the Corvallis-Benton County Library, Mary Nevin, Weyerhauser, Rolfe and Janet Hagen, Naomi Shadwick, Kathy, Nick and Steven Koetz, Kathy and Phil Plaza, and the ACE Board Members.